‘Onbeperkt Mediawijs’ (Fully Media-savvy) focuses on media-savviness and digital inclusion for people with intellectual disabilities. The project consists of three sections:
1. a media coach training for mixed pairs of people from within the same organisation:
• support workers who want to introduce digital media in their coaching and are itching to share their enthusiasm with colleagues and clients;
• people with intellectual disabilities who are passionate about digital media and are willing to pass on their knowledge and skills to their peers.
In practice, support workers and people with intellectual disabilities follow individual training programmes focusing on common digital topics. In addition, each pair develops a joint project for their organisation.
2. monthly media cafes, where people with and without intellectual disabilities can learn about digital topics from coaches and from each other.
3. www.onbeperktmediawijs.be, an online platform packed with information, tips and best practices for support workers.
Partners: Konekt, Mediawijs